Video Lab: Motion Studies
For this lab, include the following in your lab notebook:
1. The title of the lab activity
2. The date the lab activity was performed
3. The goal(s) of the lab activity
4. A description of the lab activity (procedures and a sketch or picture)
5. Data collected in the lab activity
6. Analysis of data and sample calculations
No error analysis is needed for this lab report.
This lab has 2 parts:
Part 1: View the video lab below and perform the calculations it requires.
Part 2: (This is a hands-on activity)
Trial A. Roll a steel sphere or a golf ball along the surface of a flat desk. Completely describe (qualitatively, using words such as constant, increasing, decreasing, positive, and negative, for example) the motion of the sphere using all the important terms (displacement, velocity, and acceleration) discussed in the previous presentation.
Trial B. Repeat trial A, this time pushing a book (instead of the sphere) on the flat table.
Trial C. Repeat trial A, again with the sphere, this time with the table at a small angle (place something under two of the legs).